Apple Stores across the nation are offering kids ages 8-12 an opportunity to make movie magic! Go HERE and search for an Apple store near you offering the camp and you can sign your child up for a 3 day, 1.5 day session. The camp teaches kids how to shoot their own footage, create an original song in GarageBand on iPad, and put it all together on iMovie on a Mac. The campers will then debut their masterpieces at the Apple Camp Film Festival the last day of camp. This is a great way for the kids to hone their computer skills and have fun doing it! There is also no pressure for you to buy any Apple products if you don't already own some.
Day one of camp:
- Get an introduction to the basics of moviemaking, including creating a storyboard.
- Create an original soundtrack by making a song in GarageBand on an iPad.
- Prepare for shooting footage outside the store overnight or inside the store at the end of the workshop.
Day two of camp:
- Get an introduction to iMovie — simple-to-use moviemaking software.
- Use a Mac to import and edit collected movie footage, incorporating stills and music.
- Create a film.
Day three of camp:
- Film Festival
Kids will have the opportunity to showcase their movies to invited parents, relatives, and friends. Participation in the festival is optional. Campers can take their completed movies home at the end of day two, if they prefer.